Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Conference Presentations

I have finally learned when my presentation at this fall's MS&T conference will be (one of the largest conferences in my field), and boy, is it a crappy time slot. The conference runs Monday through Thursday, and I'm scheduled for one of the last time slots on Thursday. I didn't expect high attendance at my session anyhow, but I may have an audience that consists solely of other people presenting in my session and a few advisers.

Worse, all of the networking events/sessions I want to attend are on Monday. I'm still waiting to hear when the other students in my lab group are scheduled to present, but it's hard to justify the expense of staying the extra nights if they aren't presenting until later either, particularly since my fellowship has no travel support.

When do you find is the worst time to give a conference talk?

No comments:

Post a Comment