Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Halfway there..

One weekend of recruiting down without incident. Very very few students met with my advisor, which I think is more due to the very practical leanings of the first group of visitors. There was a lot of interest in the possibilities of jobs in industry, rather than a single-minded focus towards academia. Even though we do some experimental research, it's not something that immediately leaps out as being very practical, nor is my advisor very good at conveying it as such.

Despite all of my courses dumping projects on me at once, I'm finally feeling a little productive over in research land. As much as I know literature review is an important part of the whole thing, it just never feels quite as productive as actually writing/running code.

No comments:

Post a Comment