Thursday, November 10, 2011

Keeping sane...

In spite of the busyness of TAing and the rest of my semester, I've been making a much more concerted effort this year to take care of myself and stay sane. Part of this has been taking up two more hobbies (because I clearly didn't have enough), knitting and spinning. On the other hand, these are both very transportable and fairly affordable, and take relatively little energy. They also take enough focus to help my brain disconnect from work for a brief while.

Still, I'm having more coding related dreams than I've had in quite some time, so clearly something's not working. What do you do to de-stress and keep sane?

1 comment:

  1. Not applicable to you at this point in time, but for the past couple weeks, I've picked up my son from daycare, and knocked on the neighbors' door to see if their two kids can play, and just provide adult supervision for the 3 under 5's for an hour. For that hour, I exists in such a different world than the one I live in at work. It completely resets my stress level, so that I am refreshed by the time I sit down for my after-kid's-bedtime work period.

    ReplyDelete